During the first few years of life, the exposure to environmental stressors, whether it be through diet, pollutants/toxic substances as well as typical daily stressors, can greatly influence your child’s health and development and can contribute to chronic disease. I have a special focus on children’s health in my practice and encourage parents to start their children’s health off on the right foot. I absolutely love treating children – they quickly respond to naturopathic treatment due to the rapid rate in which they grow (therefore heal!). I find it so rewarding to help facilitate their healthy development. My approach is to educate parents about preventative health strategies they can apply to their children’s daily routine. Numerous studies have highlighted the importance of childhood nutrition on their adult health. Along with easy-to-follow treatment plans using natural therapies to treat your children’s health concerns, I educate parents on your child’s nutritional needs and help set up nutritional foundations for optimal health.
This can provide profound changes to the overall quality of health in a child.
Acute and Chronic conditions I have experience in treating:
- Allergies – Seasonal (hayfever), dust, molds, and foods
- Skin conditions – eczema, diaper rash, cradle cap, psoriasis
- Respiratory conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and pneumonia
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as diarrhea, constipation, “tummy aches”
- Cold and flu treatment and prevention
- Recurrent infections – ear, lung, skin, urinary
- Nutritional deficiences, Fatigue, Headaches
I can also provide families:
- Nutritional and lifestyle coaching
- Guidance for the first year of life – food introduction, growth and development support
- Wellness and prevention of disease
- Well-researched vaccination information (NB the stance of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario on vaccination is pro-vaccination)